Saturday, December 04, 2004

Another dialogue - Ghandi & Peace

Good morning to you all. I am brimming over with love and thoughts to share and can hardly contain myself -so this prayer is for me: "O God, make me a hollow reed, from which the pith of self hath been blown,that I may become a clear channel through which Thy love may blow to others. " Last night Dave and I watched the movie "Gandhi". It is very moving, as you recall. At one point he tells some of his followers that he is a Jew, a Christian, aHindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist - it makes no difference. Ted Brownstein in his introduction to his collection of Hindu prayers writes: "According to Hindu theology, among the many thousands of names of God, no name suits God, who abides in the heart, devoid of thought, so truly, aptly, and beautifully as the name"I am." Of all the known names of God, the name of God "I am" alone will resound triumphantly when the ego is destroyed, rising as the silent supreme word in the heart-space." Amazingly beautiful. I will honor the memory of Gandhi with his own words: "Nonviolence is the law of our species as violence is the law of the brute. The spirit lies dormant in the brute, and he knows no law but that of physical might. The dignity of man requires obedience to a higher law - to the strength of the spirit."I will close with two Calls to Prayer: I exhort therefore that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions and the giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, in all goodness and honesty. For this is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior. > Allah is most great. Allah is most great. Allah is most great. Allah is most great. I testify that there is no God except Allah. I testify that there is no God except Allah. I testify that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah. I testify that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah. Come to prayer! Come to prayer! Come to success (in this life and the Hereafter)! Come to success! Allah is most great. Allah is most great. There is no God except Allah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home